The design of the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max is largely unchanged from their predecessors. However, because of the larger lenses, the rear camera module now covers a larger area. The Face ID and camera module on the front display, or “notch,” has shrunk by 20% compared to previous generations.
The iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max are powered by an A15 Bionic processor designed by Apple, which includes a 16-core neural engine, a 6-core CPU (with 2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores), and a 5-core GPU. A next-generation image processor is also included in the A15 Bionic.
More 5G bands are now available to support more carriers, particularly those outside the United States.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max Key specs:
- Body: 160.8×78.1×7.7mm, 240g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), stainless steel frame; IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins), Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified).
- Display: 6.70″ Super Retina XDR OLED, 120Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 1000 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak), 1284x2778px resolution, 19.47:9 aspect ratio, 458ppi; Wide color gamut, True-tone.
- Chipset: Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm): Hexa-core (2×3.22 GHz Avalanche + 4xX.X GHz Blizzard); Apple GPU (5-core graphics).
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 512GB 6GB RAM, 1TB; NVMe.
- OS/Software: iOS 15.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/1.5, 26mm, 1.9µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS; Telephoto: 12 MP, f/2.8, 77mm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/1.8, 13mm, 120˚, PDAF; Depth: TOF 3D LiDAR scanner.
- Front camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm, 1/3.6″; Depth: SL 3D.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, 10‑bit HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), ProRes, Cinematic mode, stereo sound rec; Front camera: [email protected]/25/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4352mAh; Fast charging 27W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), USB Power Delivery 2.0, MagSafe wireless charging 15W, Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 7.5W.
- Misc: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer; NFC; Siri natural language commands and dictation, Ultra Wideband (UWB) support.