The iPhone 13 is still one of the most powerful smartphones on the market and is poised to become a best-seller.
This standard 13 model has a 6.1″ Super Retina XDR OLED screen with Dolby Vision that is now brighter, the most powerful mobile chip to date – the Apple A15 Bionic – and three nicely capable 12MP cameras – two at the back and one in front. Apple has used a new, larger sensor for the main camera, and the sensor-shift stabilization from last year’s iPhone 12 Pro Max has been carried over to the entire iPhone 13 lineup.
Apple iPhone 13 Key specs:
- Body: 146.7×71.5×7.7mm, 174g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame; IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins), Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified).
- Display: 6.10″ Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 800 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak), 1170x2532px resolution, 19.48:9 aspect ratio, 460ppi; Wide color gamut, True-tone.
- Chipset: Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm): Hexa-core (2×3.22 GHz Avalanche + 4xX.X GHz Blizzard); Apple GPU (4-core graphics).
- Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 4GB RAM, 512GB 4GB RAM; NVMe.
- OS/Software: iOS 15.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm, 1.7µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm.
- Front camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm, 1/3.6″; Depth: SL 3D.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), stereo sound rec; Front camera: [email protected]/25/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 3240mAh; Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), USB Power Delivery 2.0, MagSafe wireless charging 15W, Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 7.5W.
- Misc: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer; NFC; Siri natural language commands and dictation, Ultra Wideband (UWB) support.